Iowa Online Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall is Gamers Heaven, or is it Hell?

2 posters

Go down

Fall is Gamers Heaven, or is it Hell? Empty Fall is Gamers Heaven, or is it Hell?

Post  hanner74 November 4th 2008, 22:15

Hey guys, fall is here which means gamers heaven with all the big name, new relases, and great games. But that is also gamers hell since we cant afford to buy them all, lol! anyways here is a recap of some games you should be playing:

Star Wars The Force Unleashed: I really like this one, it is probably one of the first games that actually has a Star Wars feel to it, well other then Lego Star Wars. But the real twist is that you play as Darth Vader's apprentice, taking place sometime between Episode 3 and 4 I think, anyhow I really liked this one and was going to buy it, if it weren't for the handfull of other great games that came out at the same time and right after! If you are a Star Wars fan this is definately a game you must play! I would give the Force Unleashed a 7.5

Saints Row 2: This is an AMAZING game! Saints Row 2 is a sandbox shooter like GTA, and Saints Row 2 picks up where the first one left off, you are in a prison hospital and need to break out and get the gang back togethor. My favorite GTA game was San Andreas, and Saints Row 2 is alot like it, with the ability to get followers/homies to follow and help you out, the turf wars, where you fight to gain control of different neighborhoods, and pretty much any vehicle you can think of to drive from muscle, sport, and luxury cars, trucks and SUVs to motorcylces, 4 wheelers, boats, and jet skis to helicopters and planes! But I think my favorite part about it is the drop-in drop-out co-op mode, thats right it has co-op story line you can play togethor with a friend or just some random person over the net depending on what you have your filters set to. This is one of my favorite games that is out right now you definately need to check this one out I give it a 9

Little Big Planet: This is a game I never even considered giving a second look, thanks to Gamerkid I did. Little Big Planet is one of those games that reminds you that you dont have to be shooting guns and splattering blood to have a great time! It is like a 2d side scroller, but with 3 planes. You take on the role of a sac puppet, you can change his/her color, give them hair, clothing, etc. You can even design your own levels using stickers, and materials you gather in other stages! Then post them online for others to play and enjoy! It also features up to 4-player co-op. I dont know how else to describe this game other then saying I went out and bought it right after I played it! Definately a 9!
hanner74
hanner74
Admin
Admin

http://deathstrikers.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Fall is Gamers Heaven, or is it Hell? Empty More Games to Play

Post  hanner74 November 30th 2008, 19:24

Gears of War 2: I have been waiting for this one for a long time, unfortunately I still haven't gotten a new 360 so I haven't gotten to check it out yet, but everything I have read about it says it is as great as you would expect. If you own a X-Box 360 this is a must buy!

Left 4 Dead: Is the new release from Vavle, featuring 4 player zombie killing co-op! I plan on getting this one very soon for PC. Looks like Valve might have out-done themselves again! Must play on PC and 360!

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe: I have always been a huge fan of the Mortal Kombat series, and a descent fighting game including Batman, Superman, The Joker and more of your favorite DC characters only makes this one even that more appealing. I will probably give it a rent first, but I cant see any reason not to throw this one on the Holiday Wish List as well!

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: I think everyone knows I am a huge wrestling fan, and have been a fan of the SVR series since it started. But 2008 was pretty dissapointing for me for several reasons. I have played the demo for 2009 and they appear to have added and fixed a few things that make it a much better game, but I dont know if I'm gonna buy this one. They added alot of tag team moves, a tag team story line; added a few camera angles when out of the ring, and the graphics are just plain amazing. OHhhh and thank god they got rid of the different fighting styles, I though that resticted alot of guys that are all around and not just necesarily hardcore or powerhouse or whatever. Unless you're a huge wrestling fan like I am you might just give this one a rent.

Mirror's Edge: A while back i was watching a commercial with a bunch of crazy people jumping across rooftops with some neat looking colors and graphics thinking "wow they should make a video game!" thinking it was probably some stupid jeans commercial or something, and then it said coming soon to ps3 and 360. So naturally when I seen the demo on PSN Store I had to download it. I dont know maybe its just me but I soon decided this is the dumbest idea for a game ever. lol.... I guess I would've just thought there was some sort of story and then the jumping across the rooftops was a small stage or portion of the game, turns out that is the game, jumping across rooftops, running up walls, and whatever other crazy ideas they had to make this game suck. If anyone likes this game speak now or forever hold your peace. lol In my opinion dont even bother with the demo in this one.
hanner74
hanner74
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fall is Gamers Heaven, or is it Hell? Empty Re: Fall is Gamers Heaven, or is it Hell?

Post  hanner74 January 2nd 2009, 16:14

Midnight Club Los Angelos: The first great racing game in a while. The last one I liked was Need For Speed Underground, I pretty much didn't like any of the ones since then, and the last Midnight Club wasn't up to par in my opinion either. But this one is great! Set in Los Angelos, it really feels like you are driving around L.A. Rockstar did a great job of capturing actual streets, buildings, locations etc. I found myself driving around just looking at different places I had been and so forth which is really cool. Also the graphics in this game are second to none. Story is you are a street racer from out of town coming to make a rep, and some cash. Race fans should definately check this one out! I'll say 8.5

Rock Band 2: Great for the music fan, or just for anyone for that matter. I have the first one and loved it! The second is generally the same idea, drums, guitar, mic and tons of great songs to play! I have only played it for a short while, but I really felt like alot of the songs were my generation songs, Oasis, NiN, Nirvana, etc. I'm not gonna rate this one seeing as I havn't played it enough, but I recommend playing it.

Lord Of The Rings Conquest: Just got done playing the demo for this one. The single player mode is very similar to the Two Towers, and Return of the King games for PS2. Has that arcade feel where, tons of guys keep coming at you, and you must perform various combos and attacks to kill them. One of the coolest parts is the ability to play as good, or evil. nothing like controling an Orak hai and hoppin on a Warg, lol! To me the single player game was all to familiar as I played the PS2 Lord of the Rings games until they were practically worn out... so I dont know how long I could stay interested in it. But the online multiplayer is very cool, the game is made by Pandemic, the people who made Star Wars Battlefront. You again choose good or evil doing battle with up to 16 per server(I think), the mode I was playing was like a zones map, capture different points, get kills, Team who gets to a set number of points first is the winner. I won't end up buying this one myself, but if you are a huge LOTR fan you might be interested in this one. I'm gonna throw this one a .... 6.5
hanner74
hanner74
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fall is Gamers Heaven, or is it Hell? Empty Re: Fall is Gamers Heaven, or is it Hell?

Post  SonneDrakko January 9th 2009, 18:44

Ok maybe it's just me, but i did enjoy mirrors edge. it's something different for a change and the demo is only one level and not a very challenging one at that considering it's only the practice and the 1st level of the game. don't always judge a game by it's demo.

SonneDrakko

Back to top Go down

Post  hanner74 January 9th 2009, 22:04

how right you are, I just really didn't care for the concept much myself but you are now the 3rd person to tell me they really enjoy that game, so I guess check it out!
hanner74
hanner74
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down