Iowa Online Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty World at War

2 posters

Go down

Call of Duty World at War Empty Call of Duty World at War

Post  hanner74 July 11th 2008, 16:21

There is a new Call of Duty game in the works; and the first thing that caught my eye is that our worst fears came true. Back to WWII gameplay. Now I loved CODII,and COD III was ok. (I never played the first one) but I much more enjoyed COD4 as a change up since there have been way to many WWII games in the last few years between Medal of Honor and Call of Duty is just a little bit more then necessary. Anyhow a joke was surfacing around awhile ago before the new game was known about, the joke said that the new Call of Duty would go back to WWII and be made by Treyarch not Infinity Ward. (Treyarch made CODIII, Infinity made the rest.) Well the joke is not so funny anymore, as World at War is not only WWII combat, but also being made by Treyarch. Ironic huh?

Well on a positive side the rumor now is the reason it is called World at War is because Infinity Ward layed down the law and they will be making the number sequels such as Call of Duty 5, and Treyarch will be making COD games with titles such as World at War. But this just makes me think they are gonna start putting out way to many games, i.e. Medal of Honor. Making each game not so new and inventive. We will have to keep our eyes on this one and see what else is said.
hanner74
hanner74
Admin
Admin

http://deathstrikers.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty World at War Empty Yet another WWII

Post  Gamerkid July 11th 2008, 17:28

Yes I did look at that too, and thought another WWII. It's not that I don't like WWII, but come on how many civil war games have been made for platforms,0. Where are they at, I played the old Civil War game for the PC and I enjoyed that for a change. Maybe even the new war, but no more damn WWII. You would think that the people that make these games would try something other than that. I don't see how they can be making that much money on them because there are so many to choose from. Why do you think that COD4 sold so well, because a change of wars. How many games can they make for one war. Well as many as they want but they will eventually see sales going down so maybe as gamers we need to hold out on buying them so they do change it up.

Gamerkid
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty World at War Empty Re: Call of Duty World at War

Post  hanner74 July 17th 2008, 08:40

World at War will support four player co-op online and two-player co-op splitscreen. Activision also said that the multiplayer modes will support both infantry-only battles as well as combined arms battles that have infantry and vehicles, mainly tanks, similar to what Treyarch did in Call of Duty 3.
hanner74
hanner74
Admin
Admin

http://deathstrikers.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamerkid July 18th 2008, 06:40

Well if its anything like COD3, it better have freaking mic support. Thats the one thing that pissed me off about the online part, and no ranking system, only for people who stayed in that same room.

Gamerkid
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down